OziBarista

Monday, October 09, 2006

Melbourne Marathon

Hi All,

Looking back its been a while since my last post but I have good reason for my distraction.

Yesterday I completed the Melbourne Marathon in 4hrs & 3 mins and I was really chuffed to have achived a goal that I had set at the start of the year. I would also like to congratulate and express my great respect to my friends Chris Bray (a bastion of commitment) and Cheyne Goulden (a truly courageous effort, Cheyne overcame an injury to complete the marathon for the first time also). Well done lads!!!

The run took quite an investment of time to prepare (many runs in afternoons when I would otherwise be sharing my musings in this blog!), but it was incredibly rewarding. The run gave me tremendous insight into the consititution of the friends I have; for myself it gave a realisation that it is possible to push past the limitiations of the mind.

On this topic I thought it would be relevant to share a few books that I have been reading - "Way of the Peaceful Warrior", a great book by Dan Millman, The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz and "Man's search for Meaning" by Victor Frankl. I have found reading these books has given me tremendous insight into the workings of the mind. I highly recommend them to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home