OziBarista

Friday, January 19, 2007

Some spirited reading

Over the Sunmmer break I didnt really have a break, but I did manage to read a couple of books. I highly recommend "The Seven spiritual Laws of Success" by Deepak Chopra, it provides some practical ways to put yourself in a good head space (the guy simply has a temendous insight into the workings of the mind (..for those staunch sceptics, even Oprah Winfrey had him on her show.. :o).

The other book I finished was "Autobiography of a Yogi" By Paramhansa Yogananda. He is truely a guru, I have to admit a considerable amount of the book was beyond my comprehension, but the parts I did pick up were a true revelation. Yet to hear of many teachers of Kriya Yoga in Australia, would appreciate being informed if someone is aware of it's practice in Melbourne.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Hi there,
    I found your blog from searching on the web for details of when the 'peaceful warrior' movie is coming to Melb (no luck yet, still working it out!). Found Dan Millman's site - you may be interested in signing up: http://www.danmillman.com//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=33
    You may also like the sequel "The sacred journey of the peaceful warrior' and more recently I've been recommended 'the life you were born to live' by Millman as well and it's really interesting.
    Oh and one other - "The Magician's Way'. If you're near Albert Park, the Avenue bookstore is great at having these in stock or ordering them quickly.

    Also noticed you've read 'autobiography of a yogi' which has definitely complemented my yoga practice at the fabulous Svarupa Yoga studio in Albert Park. Rob (the owner and head teacher) has been practicing yoga for 40 years and it's the best studio I've found after trying a few in gyms and other locations. They have amazing classes that energise, uplift and improve your life. I can't speak highly enough of the studio and teachers!
    link - http://www.svarupayoga.com/

    Glad that you've enjoyed St Ali and other fabulous cafes. Another one to add to your list is the cafe out the back of the Husk store in Albert Park and I also like Montague Park cafe on cnr of Montague and Park in Albert Park. Lovely, welcoming people there.

    Loved your blog - great stuff!
    Sam

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home